We offer various payment options including finance and interest free credit. Together with our finance partner, V12 Retail Finance, we can help our customers to spread the cost of purchases between £300.00 and £15,000.00 with only a 10% deposit payable in advance. Payment terms are between 6 months and 48 months. Subject to status. Minimum spend applies.
Please see representative examples below:
|Representative Example - |
0% Interest Finance
|Amount of Credit||£1350.00|
|Loan Term||12 Months|
|APR %||0.00% APR Representative|
|Total Cost of Credit||£0.00|
|Total Amount Payable||£1500.00|
|Representative Example - |
Interest Bearing Finance -
9.9% APR Representative
|Amount of Credit||£444.60|
|Loan Term||24 Months|
9.85% APR Representative
|Total Cost of Credit||£45.24|
|Total Amount Payable||£539.24|
How to Apply
It is fast and easy to apply for finance. Simply follow the steps below
- Once you have found the item you are looking for, head to the checkout as usual
- Click the 'Apply for Finance with V12' payment method
- When completing the application you will be asked for certain details so please make sure you have the following information to hand:
Email address and contact telephone number
Bank details - Account number and sort code
Employment and income information
- You will then be taken to our trusted secure finance partner; V12 Retail Finance
- You can then complete the online application
- Once the process is complete and accepted you will be able to sign your documents electronically.
- You will then receive an email confirmation within 24 hours
Please note: All finance offers are subject to acceptance.
Who Can Apply
Please check below to confirm that you are eligible to apply
- Spend over £300.00
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have been a UK resident for 3 years or more
- Be able to make repayments by Direct Debit
- Be in regular employment (minimum of 16 hours per week)
including self-employment, or in permanent residence with your partner who is in regular employment
Who Provides Finance
The Gas Centre & BBQ Shop Ltd acts as a credit broker and not the lender and only offers finance from V12 Retail Finance. V12 Retail Finance is a trading name of Secure Trust Bank PLC who acts as the lender.
- We can only deliver to the address given on the finance application
- Goods must be signed for when delivering any order placed using the finance payment method
- Goods cannot be left in a safe place, or delivered to an alternative location
- Orders placed using the finance payment method will only be dispatched once we have received approval from V12 Retail Finance that the application has been completed
V12 Retail Finance will inform us of any unsuccessful application. We will not be informed of the reasons why the application has been unsuccessful. There can be many reasons for the application to be declined. These may include
- Not meeting eligibility criteria
- Credit score
- Adverse credit reference agency information
- Overcommitment or account performance with other lenders
You may wish to appeal the decision made by V12 Retail Finance. If so you are advised to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 468916 for advice. Please make sure that you have an up to date credit report before appealing to V12 Retail Finance.
Should the application be declined due to an error in the application process (such as spelling error or incorrect house number) please contact V12 Retail Finance on 02920 468916 for advice.
All finance offers will require a minimum of 10% deposit. This will be taken once a successful application is complete. Should the application be completed using the online platform, the deposit will be taken online through the V12 Retail Finance secure payment system.
Should the application be completed in-store or on the telephone we will collect the deposit once a successful application has been completed.
Vulnerable Customer Policy
The overriding objective of this policy is to treat our customers fairly.
We cannot write rules for every eventuality, but we will use our judgement when dealing with customers and always seek to achieve our overriding objective.
We think a vulnerable customer is someone who, due to their personal circumstances, is especially susceptible to harm. We want our customers to have a good experience with us
and we don’t want them to feel as if they have been pressured in any way to purchase products which are unsuitable for them.
All customers are at risk of becoming vulnerable, but this risk is increased by having characteristics of vulnerability. Such characteristics are:
- Poor mental health such as cognitive impairment,
- Life events such as new caring responsibilities, relationship breakdown, bereavement etc.
- Low resilience to cope with financial or emotional shocks.
- Low capability, such as poor literacy or numeracy skills.
In order to best protect these customers, we will undertake some simple actions such as asking the customers if they feel in any way that they are being taken advantage of, if they are purchasing the product for someone else, if they are in financial difficulties already and so on.
We will train our staff to spot signs of vulnerability where we are dealing with customers face to face.
With the online business we will introduce a final step for the customer to go though before they apply for finance which asks some simple questions about whether they feel they are vulnerable. We have also asked our supplier, V12 to implement some additional checks as they are the lender.
How might we spot these characteristics?
- People may be reticent about why they are wanting to use finance products.
- People may simply say “we can't afford to buy it”.
- We may see that in these situations a customer is being pressured by a third party to enter into finance. Particularly if the third party says something like that they have bad credit and won’t be able to get finance.
- We may simply find that a customer is unable to communicate very well with us – although we must also consider our obligations under the equality legislation, as signs of poor mental health do not always indicate that a customer is vulnerable in the circumstances we are discussing.
Broadly, we must use our knowledge, common sense and judgment and if we are in any doubt about the vulnerability of the person in front of us, we will refer it to a more senior member of staff and that person will investigate further.
We will keep a record of incidents where we feel that someone may be vulnerable and where that person eventually uses a finance product. We will do this by use of a paper or electronic file with the policy and with notes about its implementation in it.
If you are unsure with any of the finance process please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.
The Gas Centre & BBQ Shop Ltd acts as a credit broker, not a lender. Should you choose to purchase products from The Gas Centre & BBQ Shop Ltd using the finance payment method we will introduce you to our finance partners, V12 Retail Finance.
The Gas Centre & BBQ Shop Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - Reference No: 789383
Registered address: 145 High Street, Old Woking, Surrey, GU22 9JW
Company Number: 8474726
V12 Retail Finance Limited. Registered in England and Wales 4585692.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registration number: 679653.
Registered office: Yorke House, Arleston Way, Solihull, B90 4LH
Correspondence address: 25-26 Neptune Court, Vanguard Way, Cardiff, CF24 5PJ.
V12 Retail Finance is a trading name of Secure Trust Bank PLC
Secure Trust Bank PLC. Registered in England and Wales 541132.
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registration number: 204550. Registered Office for both: Yorke House, Arleston Way, Solihull, B90 4LH.
For full terms and conditions for using V12 Retail Finance products please click here